Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Drugstore Superstars

If you're new to the world of makeup, the task of starting a cosmetics collection may seem daunting.  Since there are so many products and brands, it can be hard to know which way is up and which way is down.  That's why, whenever a friend who is just getting started asks me for guidance, I always point them in the direction of the nearest drugstore.

Makeup can be expensive.  (Trust me, I should know.)  In fact, I'm somewhat of a makeup hoarder, and if I go unchecked, I can spend hundreds of dollars at Sephora in the blink of an eye.  I know, however, that spending a big chunk of your paycheck on makeup is an absolutely ridiculous notion to most women, which is why drugstore makeup is so great.  Makeup application is very much a process of trial and error, and you need to try something on in order to figure out what works for you and your skin.  Bottom line: If you don't like a certain product, a $7 loss is easier to swallow than a $50 one.  Unfortunately, since there's so much out there in the way of drugstore makeup, it's hard to separate the good quality products from the bad.  That's what this series will focus on; I'm going to help you navigate through all the affordable brands to find out which products you should try out and which ones you should leave on the shelf.

In order to make it more navigable, I'll be breaking down this series by categories:

1) Primers;
2) Foundations;
3) Concealers;
4) Bronzers;
5) Blushes;
6) Eyeshadows;
7) Eyeliners;
8) Mascaras and Brow Products;
9) Lips;
10) Setting Products; and, last but certainly not least,
11) Makeup Tools.

Hopefully, after I finish this series, you'll have all the information that you need in order to go out and start (or add to) your makeup kit.

Glammie love!
~Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment